MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)

MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)
MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)

Navigation

Monday, September 16, 2013

TSSCC Event 8 (2013 Season) - Not the way I like my Finale to go...

***Tire Roll-Over Sound***

In a nutshell that was my day -- that and the sound of knocking over a few cones while I went. I woke up to the sound of light rain (it was forecasted as a 90% chance of precipitation) and it didn't let up; if anything it only got worse. I had the thought to roll-over and go back to bed, and I should have done just that. I already paid for entry, and thought it would be a waste not to go. I would have had video for you at the least of me spinning out or something fun, but my GoPro was acting up yesterday as well. Above all the other issues I was having I didn't even want to start diddling with my camera (probably just the setting between wifi remote and wifi on smartphone).


To put it bluntly, my runs were bad. I didn't care about tire pressure (I should have) because it was raining. Hell, I almost decided to leave my spare tire in the trunk because I didn't realize how competitive it still is in the rain. Drew (another BOR! Racing member) ended up doing very well in his 05 STI and is now wanting more rained out events. I, on the other hand, wanted it to be dry so I could test out the new coil-over setup. Perhaps I'll run it with Chicago SCCA next Sunday in Joliet. None of the official results are up, but it looks like I placed 10/12 in my class, and I couldn't even tell you how poorly I ranked in PAX yet --- I don't even want to know.

While writing this I just noticed I didn't do an overview of event 5 -- no too much to talk about. I hit a total of 9 cones in 5 runs and was ~.6 seconds outside of a trophy position. I hit the time I needed to on some of my dirty runs, but I just couldn't do it cleanly. Welp, there is always next year.

1 comment:

  1. I won't do the girl thing & try to find the silver lining in the rain cloud that ruined your race...Ok maybe I will. That you got out of bed & raced in the rain is inspiring. That you're coming out from behind the camera & getting behind the wheel is *also* inspiring. Keep that up, no matter how down you get. You're living out your Someday File too, and I like it!

    Cheers,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete