MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)

MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)
MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)

Navigation

Sunday, June 23, 2013

TSSCC Event 1 (2013 Season) - Heck of a Way to Start the Season




Well, based on the title and the photo one can only imagine how well my event went. The short of it: My steering rack busted. ~$650 dollars and several hours of failing and relying on the help of others and I had a brand new steering rack in my car.

Long Story: After the second run of the first event I decided to crawl under my car; to this time I don't even remember why. Upon initial inspection there was what looked to be baby poop all over my control arm. I cleaned it off and did some poking and prodding and noticed the brown liquid coming out of the tie-rod boot. I decided that meant it should be the end of my day (at this time I wasn't sure what was wrong). I got to work Monday and they confirmed the suspicion that other racers had suggested and what my internet searching led me to believe. Could have been worse...


Today was event #4. I can't wait to get all my posts up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment