MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)

MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)
MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)

Navigation

Friday, February 10, 2012

It has begun... (The Plan)

A few months shy of 3 years ago, I managed to get hands on a 2005 Subaru Impreza STi.


image from dealership listing

I have always had an affinity for Subarus. The car I owned prior was an 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX, and before that I was rockin' my dad's 1993 Impreza L (still not even sure if that was AWD).

Throughout my history of Subaru ownership, I have never used the cars to their fullest potential. Not to say I didn't drive the hell outta them, just to say I never took one of them to the "track".  To be perfectly honest, I have been scared; scared of something breaking, scared of the financial costs involved, and scared of unknown. This year I decided I would overcome my fears. This year, I am going to enter the world of competitive driving.


To get my feet wet, the first event I plan on attending is SCCA's - The Learning Curve.

"Chicago Region Solo drivers school is an excellent way to learn about and become involved in Solo events. It is a two part school that consists of a classroom session and a day and a half of on track instruction. Instruction will be provided by experienced, award winning drivers (many with National Championship credentials). Because the entry is limited to only 100 students, there will be a very favorable student/teacher ratio allowing for maximum driving time and personal instruction. The school is for novice drivers with less than one year or no solo experience. Students must attend both days."
-motorsportreq.com



(note: registration has yet to be posted for this years event)

No comments:

Post a Comment