MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)

MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)
MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)

Navigation

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Don't forget about unforeseen circumstances.

ready for warmer weather

So, I had gotten my pads and rotors and scheduled an appointment with P & L Motorsports.

I've been going here since I got my WRX because they do great work and have my trust. They tuned it last time to produce a decent amount of reliable power with a relatively light amount of modifications. All is set for me to go in for the brake install on February 6th including some Stainless Steel Brake Lines (house fabrication), and just as soon as I am catching a ride home, one of the techs come out of the garage waiving his arms to get my attention. I follow him back into the shop only to find out what terrible condition my left rear wheel bearing is. I let them know I trust them, and to go ahead with the advised repairs along with the original plans. Wouldn't you know it? More unforeseen circumstances... My lateral links were in just as bad of shape and they did not want to come off without a fight. Inevitably, they lost the fight and were removed/replaced.

After a few days, a laundry list of repairs (including 4 wheel alignment), and ~$1600 the car is mine again. The past couple days with it have been like night and day difference from where it was. As it stands (minus current wheel/tire setup) she is ready her first event. I would like to get some suspension modifications, but the unexpected repair costs took that off the table for now. Plus, it probably a good thing to get a feel for the car before I go mod crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment