MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)

MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)
MY05STi - From Daily Drive to Track Star (hopefully)

Navigation

Sunday, July 13, 2014

7 Month Hiatus Re-Cap



I never fail to disappoint. I know I will sound like a broken record when saying, it's been a while since my last post. That being said, this is going to be a particularly long post as I want to do some recap for y'all.
The autocross season started like any other, kind of... For Event 1 of the TSSCC 2014 season I wanted to get my ride height sorted on my car as it was too low. We got it up in the air in my buddy's garage (who happens to have a lift) and when we made are way to the driver side rear strut we noticed something was amiss. It was and had leaked grease everywhere -- Great!

Out of the car & ready to be shipped.


I ran Event 1 on the leaking strut, and it did not feel good. There was a small bump in the last sweeping right of the course and my line put that specific wheel on the bump. It made a horrible noise every time it went over it, and I'm a huge worrier so I decided not to take my afternoon runs. This was accompanied by some appropriate razzing from my buddies, but that's par for the course.  We had the strut out of the car in no time, and I cleaned it up and took it apart for KW. If anyone is interested in the best practice method to shorten the turn-around time on a KW Warranty Service please shoot me a message or leave a comment below.  The car was on jack stands for just about a month; that has been the longest time that I have been apart from it since owning it.




My strut came back just a little late for me to get my car up to spec for Event 2 with TSSCC so my friend was kind enough to let me drive his new S2000. This is the first time I have ever driven a RWD car let alone raced in one. I can definitely say it was a ton of fun and makes me want to ditch AWD (only a little). I definitely was nowhere near competitive in the class, but it was fun none the less.

In the time leading up to Event 3 (which is next Sunday) the BOR! Racing crew decided that we should try running with the Windy City Miata Club. I ended up getting beat by my buddy in my own car by ~.6 seconds, but I did manage to get 17th overall out of 80. Best part of that is I'm still running on the same tires/brakes as I started on 2 years ago. Who wants to sponsor me so I can get some proper bits?

No comments:

Post a Comment